Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 - Thankful thoughts

Wow it has been 10 years since that horrible attack on America, I can remember exactly where I was and thankfully my family and friends were safe. God Bless those that died that day and for those that lost family and friends, I hold you and them in my heart.  I can remember sitting in my office in Cabot, AR when we found out, my boss is retired military as well as some of the employees, they instantly got a TV and turned it on.  My first reaction was shock and tears then I just wanted to hold my kids.  Since their school sits directly next to a military base we could not go get them we had to wait and check them out one at a time so the line to the school was long over a mile from the school but the police had the area blocked off and would radio up to the school check out the children.  Our cell phones would not work and traffic was bad but nothing like the hell that was going on in that Pennsylvania field, Pentagon or New York.  GOD BLESS ALL!! Since then we have been at war and many have lost their lives, I have friends that are currently in the middle East and I worry about them daily. May everyone come home safe to their love ones.  I am thankful each day for the life I have and while some may not realize it but as long as they are alive to see another day they to should be thankful.  Within the last 2 months I have been given this wonderful opportunity by Rebel Ink Press to write books for them, my best friend Dawnn says that I have found my theraputic outlet, hmmm who knew I could actually do this and really enjoy it.  Well I am extremely happy for this opportunity and will not forget those that have encouraged me, supported me and cheered me on.  Thank you each and everyone of you, may you life be long and happy!

No comments: