Sunday, February 5, 2012

P.K. Morris

Announcing PK Morris


 
Hey everyone!

I’m P.K. Morris and I’d like to start by thanking Wendy for having me on her blog today. I’m a newbie to the whole publishing scene. My first publication is A Single Man’s Valentine in the Rebel Ink Press anthology Tempting Cupid, which I will talk about later on.
Even though I’m new to the published author thing, I’ve been writing since… well, since I could write. I wrote my first “book” at age six and even drew illustrations for it. But I didn’t really think this could be a career until I hit high school and even then my self-confidence was too low to think I could do it. The last two years I have been working on improving my writing to the point that I felt confident enough to send it to a publishing company. Then last August I did and Rebel Ink Press decided to sign me on. I never knew I could be so excited or happy about something before.
I live in a small city in New Hampshire with my two rescue animals; an American Eskimo Dog named Bear and a cat named Buddy. I’ll be turning twenty-seven a few days after my first release—talk about a great birthday gift! While my passion lies with my writing, I’m also an avid music fan and love going to concerts; live performances are the best! I also like to knit and read anything from fiction to biographies to historical non-fiction. My interest in different genres is as eclectic as the music on my iPod.
 
A Single Man’s Valentine, which will be released on February 3rd, 2012, is a short story about two men who finally confess their feelings for each other. They have been best friends for quite a few years and one of them was even married… to a woman. All of which made having feelings for each other a bit more complicated than either would have liked. But the first Valentine’s Day after Kris’ divorce sparks something and neither can hold back any longer. Why don’t you read the back cover blurb and an excerpt from the story to see what I mean.
 
A Single Man’s Valentine Blurb:

Kris Goodwin wants to spend his first Valentine's Day since his divorce alone in his apartment with a case of beer. But his best friend Jake has other ideas and shows up unannounced. Jake has brought supplies for what he calls the perfect single man's Valentine's Day; take-out, flowers, romantic comedies and a box of chocolates.


As the evening progresses, Jake admits the harmless crush he's had on Kris isn't quite as harmless as he's made it out to be. He's actually in love with Kris. Then Kris tells Jake the real reason behind his divorce.

Excerpt:

Jake leaned his mouth close to Kris’ ear and began to sing quietly.

When the most romantic lines of the song came about, Jake tilted Kris’ head back so he could look into Kris’ eyes as he sang about loving Kris and needing him. About how Jake wanted him to stay now that they’d found each other and Jake wanted Kris to just let Jake love him. “I mean it, Kris,” Jake murmured. “I love you.”

Kris smiled gently. “I love you, too, Jake.”

The older man shook his head. “No, Kris. I mean, I love you. It was never just a harmless crush. Why do you think that last guy and I split up?”

“I know it isn’t a harmless crush,” Kris replied.

“You… you do?” Jake was shocked.

Kris nodded. “I love you too. Why do you think Jill and I are divorced?”

“I thought it was because she didn’t like how much you had to travel for your music,” Jake said confused.

Kris shrugged. “That’s just what we told people. It was really you. It was always you, Jake.”

Jake brushed his fingers through Kris’ hair. “Then why did you want to drink yourself into oblivion tonight?”


"Because,” Kris sighed. “I thought I was going to be all alone on Valentine’s Day.”

“Then why were you grumpy when I showed up?”

Kris shrugged and averted his eyes. “You showed up and you kept saying how this was the perfect single guy’s Valentine’s Day. I’ve never known how to make the first move, I always waited for you to do it. I guess it just kind of annoyed me that you showed up on Valentine’s day as just my friend.” He shrugged and looked down his hands.

Jake tilted Kris’ face back towards his so they were eye to eye, brown to blue. “I’ve never been just your friend,” he murmured.

“No?” Kris asked.

Jake shook his head. “It’s always been you. But you were always one hundred percent straight.” A small smirk turned up the corner of his mouth and Kris grinned back.

“Well, that’s obviously false,” he said. “I don’t think I’ve ever been a hundred percent straight. Especially after meeting you, because really, it was love at first sight for me.” Kris blushed a deep shade of red. He couldn’t believe he actually admitted it out loud.


If you liked what you read, you can pick up a copy of the Tempting Cupid anthology, which A Single Man’s Valentine is a part of, at Amazon Kindle, All Romance E Books, Barnes & Noble Kindle and Bookstrand on February 3rd, 2012.


Thank you so much for reading and many thanks to Wendy for having me.

Until next time,

P.K. Morris





No comments: