Friday, November 25, 2011

INTRODUCING : ANNE HOLLY

Questions for Authors from My Friends:


What is your favorite book that you wrote?
It’s very hard to choose, since they are all like my children in that I see good things in all of them. Strings Attached is my baby since it’s been ten years in the making, but my favourite so far might be Unwrapping Scrooge, my Christmas novella. It’s just so sweet, and the quirky hero is absolutely wonderful (in my opinion).



What book is coming up next and when is the release date?
I have two releases in October 2011, Like Magic (Oct 3) and Charity (Oct 17), and one in December 2011, Bubbly (Dec 3). These are my Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Years installments in my Rebel Ink Press erotic-romance holiday series. After that, who knows?



How do you come up with your stories and characters?
Experience, somewhat. Mostly just my imagination. And my own personality, in terms of characters – in some ways, they all reflect some bit of myself, I think. The stories usually come after the characters, when I try to imagine what made them the way they are. However, sometimes the characters, setting and plot come to me all at once in a big parcel.



Why don’t authors call the parts what they are instead of the descriptions like “hard rock of manliness”?
This is rather a myth, especially with new romance. Perhaps thirty years ago this might have been the case, since people were worried about offending readers, but I don’t see that a lot now. Purple euphemisms are frowned on, today. Women are now considered adults who can handle the real words. Besides, my current books are in erotic-romance, so I can call it all as I see it. People who read them expect to see open, hot sexuality.



Have you ever recreated sex scenes from your past experiences? 
I guess, yes and no. I mean, I won’t say whether I’ve tried everything in my books or not, personally, but I find it all sexy or I wouldn’t have written it. Rule number one – write what you want to read.



What was the first book you can remember reading?
The first longish book I can remember reading all by myself was a story called Skags the Milk Horse. His delivery wagon driver slips on ice, and he has to make it back to the dairy to get help. I loved that book. Simple heroism, love and dedication, and the idea that bravery can come from unexpected places – still themes that run in my writing, actually.



Who inspired you to write?  
My mum was constantly reading, so that instilled in me a love of books, which was the start. Then, there were many teachers who were so encouraging when they saw I could write well. And, of course, all of the authors I’ve read over the years.

Fun Facts:

Favorite Color:   Depends on my mood. Red, black and green are big ones. Purple is beautiful.

Favorite Pet:    I’m a cat person.

Favorite Author:    Many! In romance, I’d have to say Jane Austen and Emily Bronte.

How do we find you:

I have a website, but my blog is updated much more frequently. I am also found on GoodReads, Twitter (@anneholly2010) and Facebook far more than I should be. You can email me at anneholly2010(at)gmail.com.

***

Anne Holly is a Canadian writer of romance and erotic-romance, as well as a mother and teacher. She is the author of the novel Strings Attached, which was described by The Romance Reviews as “a classic contemporary romance.” She has been published by Wild Horse Press, Decadent Publishing and Rebel Ink Press. Anne’s work is characterized by its unusual heroes, sweet/spicy balance, witty dialogue, responsible citizenship, and its positive, optimistic nature. You may visit Anne at her blog or website, or find her on GoodReads, Facebook and Twitter (@anneholly2010). You can find all of her releases on Amazon.

No comments: